View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Re: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff 
Player Character
Player Character

Player Characters Controlled by this Member: NONE
Post Re: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff
Here it must be said that there are many things about Mythwood which are passing strange to the casual observer. One should not be surprised at discovering that time is not so constant in this realm as one would think it should be. It is a constant that the land and animals are healthy, beautiful, sleek and well cared for. Time, therefore, cannot be so, and occasionally meanders and turns upon itself to accomodate the fae who care for the denizens herein.

I am the leader of the fae and have been entrusted with the highest honor of this land. Is it any wonder then, what with diseases that attack the grass, the evils of vile persons who set fire to helpless trees, and outsiders who unthinkingly despoil the forest, that I might have some tricks in my bag that allow me to traverse time to do my job? Is it any wonder then that I seemingly have no clear concept of the proper flow of time when I must break it upon the occasion to maintain the peace and tranquility of this wondrous place?

Well, for me, I understand more than one thinks. However, I'm sure to you it's about as twisted as one of your salted bread knots. At any rate, it is what it is. You, I'm sure, will either adjust as most humans are easily able to do, or you will break under the strain of it all and I shall have to send you to the Wellness Willow for care and safekeeping. Either way, life in this Grove shall move on as is normal for it, irregardless of your brain's ability to adapt.

All of this is, of course, to give some measure of explanation for the strange goings on one may find when peeking into a realm that may be beyond your reckoning. My sage advice to you is to ignore steadfastly anything you can't fathom, and leave the rest to me. After all, it's why I'm here.

*Notes to the casual observer*
This blog may grow both in a linear fashion, and in a non-linear one as well. It's entirely possible that what you think you have read over might have a bit of something extra added. On those occasions I will make an effort to make note of it. In the event that I should forget to post such, it should be obvious to those few enduring readers which portions of this story of Mythwood are out of place. It seems there are some side effects to traversing time... even for the fae.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]