View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB] "An error was detected during startup." 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB] "An error was detected during startup."
I get an error when I try to start Creatures 2 "An error was detected during startup."
Issue: A customer reported the following error messge when Creatures 2 is launched:"An error was detected during startup. Creatures 2 may not function correctly. Please restart your machine and try again."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: So far this error has been tracked down to a problem in Object Linking and Embedding (OLE), though it's not certain that it is the only cause of the error.Creatures 2 uses OLE to communicate with the applets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: There are two suggestions, the first is to double click each of the following files in the Creatures 2 Main directory:- Creatures2.exe, InjectorKit.exe, BreedersKit.exe, ChroniclesKit.exe, EcologyKit.exe, GraveyardKit.exe, Hatchery.exe, HealthKit.exe, NeuroScienceKit.exe, ObservationKit.exe, OwnerKit.exeScienceKit.exe.If double clicking any of these kits gives the error, "file is linked to a missing export of ****.DLL" then you need to download and install the 1.0.38 Update from the Creatures 2 website. If you see now error messages, try to start Creatures 2 again, hopefully it should run. If it doesn't do the following:-Create a shortcut to your Creatures 2.exe file ( this is in your Creatures 2 directory) and place it on the desktop (for convenience), right click the file and select it's properties, in the target field you should see "C:Creatures 2creatures2.exe". Simply add the text "/Embedding", do not include the quotation marks. The text should look like this :- "C:Creatures 2creatures2.exe" /EmbeddingRemember that C: (the first part of the text) is the hard drive where Creatures 2 is located, if you have installed it to a different directory, this letter will be different.You should then try to run Creatures 2 from this shortcut.Another suggestion is to download any and all updates for your Windows system from the Microsoft website. Using the Start bar on Windows 98 you may be able to see a menu item called "Windows Update", use this.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]