View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB] Creatures 2 does not install 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB] Creatures 2 does not install
Creatures 2 does not install onto Windows 95 with DirectX7.
Issue: Some versions of Creatures 2 will not install onto Windows 95 when DirectX7 is already present.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: This is similar to a problem experienced with Creatures Adventures and it is not a fault of the installer but an incompatability between DirectX6 and DirectX7 installation codes. Normally, the DirectX installation script checks the DirectX components that are already installed and then reports the information back to the main installer which decides whether a newer version should be installed or not. DirectX7 reports an invalid number back to the installer which reverses the whole installation process.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: A file is available for free download which skips the installation of DirectX7 and simply installs the game files. Also, DirectX7a is now available which resolves this issue completely. If DirectX7a is installed over the top of DirectX7 or even if it is installed without any previous versions of DirectX being present, Creatures 2 installation should complete without any problems.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]