View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB]Decreasing stress leads to early deaths. 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB]Decreasing stress leads to early deaths.
Decreasing stress leads to early deaths. Overuse of injections.
Issue: Norns seem to die very quickly when being injected with stress decreasers, liquid food and sleep decreasers and other decreasers. Some seem to die from pancreatic failure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: It is doubtful that injecting "decreasers" and liquid food will cause an immediate death, though they may contribute towards an indirect early death. Creatures will not learn how to feed themselves if they keep getting injections of food while they do something (or even while they do nothing). A Creatures will make a neural connection between the action which they are performing and the drives that they are trying to reduce.If a Norn is playing with a ball and it gets an injection of food, the Norn will associate, playing with a ball as a way of reducing it's hunger.The other problem with injections is that Norns may be being injected with too much glucose stresses the pancreas (trying to produce enough insulin to metabolise all the sugar) and it will eventually fall over, killing the Norn.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: It is generally best to teach your Norns from an early age to eat, sleep and drink. This makes the Creatures generate the correct connections between reducing hunger, thirst and tiredness.The advanced science kit is meant to help resuscitate ill or unconscious Norns. It was also included for use by experienced players and developers of the Creatures series that enjoy experimenting with the abstracted biology of the creatures.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]