View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB] Installation quits at 50% 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB] Installation quits at 50%
Installation quits at 50% because of system information logging software.
Issue: This customer experienced problems with the installation of Creatures 2 and received the following error message: “Cannot open quincy log file. Windows error code : access denied.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: It seems that the customer has some sort of background system information logging system - a program which monitors activity on the computer and records the information to a file. It seems that this file took up some serious space on the hard drive and could not be written to any longer. Alternatively, the file could have become corrupted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: The resolution in this case was to delete the quincy.log file and then to remove the system monitoring sofyware from the computer. Once these details have been taken care of, the installation should go with out a hitch.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]