View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB] Game slow down 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB] Game slow down
Game slow down as a result of high levels of Neural Activity
Issue: Creatures 2 slows down considerably when a certain Norn is in the game world.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: In the one incident that was reported, some receptors in the brain had mutated, attaching themselves to the perception lobe of the brain. Once of the receptors was modulating the ‘gain’ of that lobe according to the Life chemical. This resulted in the perception lobe firing all the time so a lot of concept lobe neurones were firing as well. This caused a high level of neural activity which was computation heavy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: A resolution for this issue has not been developed. This ‘event’ is due to mutation and is part of the emergent behaviour that Creatures 2 exhibits. If the game is running to slowly for enjoyment, it is usually recommended that the Norn be exported from the game.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]