View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB] Creatures 2 crashes unpredictibly 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB] Creatures 2 crashes unpredictibly
Creatures 2 crashes unpredictibly
Issue: Creatures 2 seems to crash for no apparent reason.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: There are a number of possible reasons why this is happening, however, there are three common reasons:

1. Each new creature born into the world requires a corresponding .gen and sprite file. The more creatures there are in the world, the more space the game requires.

2. Many 3rd party COBs have been developed for Creatures 2 and while many are very stable, others have errors that are so fundamental as to make the game crash. It is also possible for multiple developers to create COBs with identical classifier numbers, causing conflicts within the game, causing it to crash.

3. Again, many third party developers have created creatures that are freely available on the internet, however, if the brains of these creatures are significantly different from the creatures that were shipped with the game, there may be incidences of crashing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: 1. Creatures may crash when the primary drive volume is full. Making space on the drive should make the game run in stable fashion again.

2. We are, unfortunately, unable to support or advise on Objects that we did not develop. The best resolution is to uninstall all third party COBs. If you wish to keep the COBs but do not know which are causing the game to crash, you can install them one by one (and seperately) to determine which are responsible. You can then contact the developer for assistance.

3. Again, export or remove any third party Creatures from the game.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]