View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C2 KB] Norns perform a kissing action on the Stone of Ancie 
Twig
Twig

Post [C2 KB] Norns perform a kissing action on the Stone of Ancie
Norns perform a kissing action on the Stone of Ancient Knowledge
Issue: Do the Norns kiss the Stone of Acient Knowledge and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: When the Norns performs a push or pull event on the Stone of Ancient Knowledge, they actually assume a posture which looks as though they are kissing the stone. This is actually a play on the old Irish legend of “kissing the Blarney Stone.” This legend comes from an area near Cork, Ireland in the village of Blarney - its name being derived from the Irish An blarna meaning 'the plain'. Near the village, standing 90 feet in height, is the castle of Blarney. The castle tower originally had three storeys and was built on a rock above several caves. On the top storey, just below the battlements on the parapet, is the world famous Blarney Stone, said to give the gift of eloquence to all who kiss it. One local legend claims that an old women, saved from drowning by a king of Munster, rewarded him with a spell, that if he would kiss a stone on the castle's top, he would gain a speech that would win all to him. The term Blarney has since come to mean 'the ability to influence and coax with fair words and soft speech without giving offense'. There is a local poem that goes:

There is a stone there,
That whoever kisses,
Oh, he never misses
To grow eloquent.
'Tis he may clamber
To a lady's chamber,
Or become a member
Of Parliament.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: No resolution required.

I don't think death is scary if anything it's an adventure. I often wonder what it would be like... Will God let me have one small request when I die?... or am I just stuck with what I get when I go? - Me in a moment of well...being me.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]