View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C3,DS KB] My eggs are disapearing in Creatures 3!! 
The Nymph (Administrator)
The Nymph (Administrator)

Player Characters Controlled by this Member: TreeSprite the Nymph
Post [C3,DS KB] My eggs are disapearing in Creatures 3!!
My eggs are disapearing!!
Issue: A customer noticed that her eggs in Creatures 3 were going missing and the hatchery was closed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis: Creatures 3 is slightly different to Creatures 1 and 2 as you are allowed to touch the eggs with no ill effects (i.e. the eggs still hatch, they don't go into suspended animation). However, in Creatures 3, when you reach your maximum Norn population of ten Norns, your Norns will no longer become pregnant. If this wasn't the case, there would soon be eggs all over the game world leading to game slow down and possible crashes.In this case, the issue was with a third party agent which shall remain nameless. Essentially this third party agent changed a variable in the "C3/bootstrap/001 World/!C3_game variables.cos" file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolution: There are two variables which work together to set the maximum amount of Norns and the maximum amount of Creatures which are allowed in the game. If you edit the !C3_game variables.cos file, look for the following entry:
Code:
-setv game "c3_max_norns" 10setv game "c3_max_creatures" 14
You need to ensure that your max creatures settings are higher than your max Norns settings by at least four. If your Max_Norns setting is higher than your max creatures settings, your eggs are likely to disapear. If in doubt, change them back to the default setting and then create a new game world.

TreeSprite says: This is an issue in DS as well. You must always set your Max Creatures setting to be higher than your Max Norns setting by at least four.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]