View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C1] Install/Uninstall FAQ 
The Nymph (Administrator)
The Nymph (Administrator)

Player Characters Controlled by this Member: TreeSprite the Nymph
Post [C1] Install/Uninstall FAQ
Q: I have installed the new Object Injector.The installation went fine however when I try to run the kit I get an 'Unsupported operation was attempted' message and the kit closes. What causes this?
A:This is because you have an out of date DLL on your machine that the new kit needs to run. You will need to run this program which will update your DLL set and allow you to use the Object Injector. [url]Download com32upd.exe[/url]

Q: I have installed the new Update Pack 1.02, but when ever I run Creatures I get an error linked to a DLL, how do I fix this?
A: This problem is caused by an older version of the DLL on your system. Our new Update Pack requires newer versions of some DLL's to run, however it will not install any of these DLL's if your system is using them. The first thing to do is to shut down all programs and move the DLL from your system folder to a different location. Then run the Update Pack 1.02 installer again. This will install the newer DLL and fix the problem.

Q: Can I install two versions of Creatures on one machine?
A: No you can not, however if you do not want to share your Norns with say, another member of your family, then it might be worthwhile creating a folder for each player so that they can export their Norns at the end of every session leaving the world empty.

Q: My CD will not spin up, what should I do?
A: First you should check that the disk is clean - remember that CDs should be cleaned from the centre outwards, never in a circular motion. If your CD is clean, check that you do not have any conflicts in your system with your CD drive. However, if it still does not spin up, your disk could be at fault - in this case you should ask the shop you brought it from for a replacement.

Q: Creatures locks up, stops responding or crashes whenever I launch it. What is wrong?
A: This can be caused by a number of things. If you have tried a Restore World from the Emergency Kit and it has not helped, then it could be necessary for you to re-install. This will give you a new world but you will loose all parental information. If possible, export any Creatures that are in your world before re-installing Creatures.

Q: I have deleted Creatures from my (IBM compatible) PC by dragging the Creatures folder to the Recycle Bin. I then tried to re-install. Now every time I go to play Creatures I run into constant problems with the product. What did I do wrong?
A: Creatures is a Win95 flagged product. This means that it is completely integrated into the Win95 operating system when installed and looks and feels like a normal Win95 application. During the installation, Creatures will make entries in the system registry which can not be removed or adjusted by dragging the folder into the Recycle Bin.

The correct way to uninstall Creatures is to open the Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs. Once you have opened this you will see Creatures in the list book. Press Add/Remove and follow the on-screen prompts from this point on. This will make all the necessary adjustments for you and will allow you to re-install without any problems at a later date.

However, if you have already deleted Creatures by dragging the folder, you should still be able to follow the correct uninstalling procedure as stated above.

Q: How do I uninstall Creatures on my Macintosh?
A: The Macintosh version of Creatures is straight forward to uninstall. All you have to do is to drag the Creatures folder from the hard drive into the Wastebasket/Trash, then select Empty Wastebasket/Trash from the Special menu on your desktop.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]