View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
[C1] Eggs FAQ 
The Nymph (Administrator)
The Nymph (Administrator)

Player Characters Controlled by this Member: TreeSprite the Nymph
Post [C1] Eggs FAQ
Q: How do I get more eggs?
A: You will need to use the Emergency Kit. Go to the Start Bar, click Programs/Creatures/Emergency Kit. You will see a dialogue box which asks you to ensure that Creatures is no longer running, click OK. You should now see the Emergency Kit, click the button which says, "More Eggs". You can no restart Creatures and your hatchery will be full of eggs again.

Q: I have a problem with my egg disc - it will not work, so I can not gain access to the Hatchery. What can I do to solve this problem?
A: While rare, some problems do occasionally occur. The first thing to check is the floppy disk itself - if it is damaged then you should return it to the place of purchase for a replacement. If everything is fine as far as you can see, then you might want to download the [url]hatchery update[/url]. This file replaces the need for a disk, instead it transfers your eggs to your hard drive. Download the file, find and rename your old Hatchery as Hatchery_old, move the new Hatchery into the Creatures directory and double click on the file to update the registry. Please Note : File is for PC Win95 use only.

Q: I have an ESS1688 soundcard and it will not let me access the floppy disk Hatchery.
A: Either download the hard drive based Hatchery, or open the control panel and double click on Multimedia, then click on Properties then Audio devices. Select the device and click Properties. Tick the box marked: Do Not Map Through This Device. Restart your computer and use the hatchery disk as normal.

Q: I have an egg that is not hatching in the wild. Why won't it hatch?
A: There could be two reasons for this. The first is you my have touched it. Norn eggs are sensitive to touch, and once you've moved them about, the only way to hatch them is through the Incubator. If this still does not work, then it is possible that you have reached the maximum number of Creatures Albia can support, and you'll have to wait for nature to take its course with the population before you can hatch any more eggs. Alternatively you could export some Norns to make way for the new ones.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:55 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]