View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Some breeding experiments. 
Twig
Twig

Post Some breeding experiments.
So I decided to dust off good ol Docking Station and see what kind of norns I could get from some breeding experiments. My first experiment involves breeding Draconian norns to a couple of norns I found in the creature repository who apparently both have high mutation levels.

So 11 generations in I am getting a lot of Draconians with the odd part here or there that their parent didn't have, boney grendel parts seem to be the most common to pop up, one of them was born with a C1 grendle head. What's really odd is that at a certain age most of the norns have lost their legs!

Of course I think this is because they must have mutated at some point so that they are nearly all using the mernorn legs. Still it's pretty interesting. Sometimes a norn is born with a severe limp and those are quickly exported and kindly deleted as to not pollute my genepool.

I started a second experiment out of need for a change of pace from the first. This time I am raising the norns on Albia from C12DS. The two breeds I have chosen to partner up are the Radiation norns for their high mutation rates and my very own Gremlins. I'm up to about fifth gen now and I've gotten some nicely new colored gremlins some with boney parts due to mutation, of course not all the mix breeds are ending up turning into grendels as Gremlins were made to do but the majority still are.

I've noticed now though that while they were breeding quite strong in the begining all of the current generation seems to have gone sterril, that's over 20 norns who all seem to have spontaniously lost the ability to reproduce. I have to wonder if there was a mutation early on that has destroyed their reproductive organs. I do have four unhatched eggs but I am waiting for all of the older gens to die off hoping that the eggs still carry the organs needed to rerpoduce, I may very well have to rely on cloning the eggs to have a good enough male to female ratio to continue with the experiment.

At any rate I have some exported creatures that I found rather exceptional from both experiments and I'll be exporting more as I find interesting ones. I even exported a set of twins from the Draconic batch named Hokey and Pokey for Treesprite who we all know loves twins.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Twig
Twig

Post Re: Some breeding experiments.
Oh! I nearly forgot! Does anyone know if there is a splicer agent that was designed for use with Docking Station undocked? My DVD drive is dead so I can't just create a docked world and use the splicer. If anyone knows of where I can get one please let me know. I hate just exporting old norns and I figure spliceing a bunch of them together keeps them alive in a sense and it's painless and it bring new generations which would be good for my experiments.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]