View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Gaia's story 
Seedling
Seedling

Post Gaia's story
It all started when the alarms of the shee ark blipped wakening me. Rebooting from a sleep that had lasted almost four thousand years between Albia and the ark’s present position, in interstellar space I powered up cameras around the ship to find most everything the same. The norns played in their terrarium. The Ettins made off with bits of machinery. The shee remained in their coldsleep pods, the grendels wandered about the jungle and I, Gaia; the shipboard supercomputer had apparently been woken for nothing. I was just about to return to sleep mode when the lighted button at “unknown problem” caught my eyes. I pushed it, only for a holographic video to spring up. In it, at first where only stars and the bow of the ark as seen from the front cameras. Then spinning past came… …it. Small, only about my size it was, and made of only metals. A small disk of gold gleamed on its side and rocket nozzles could be seen dully shining in the light of the distant stars on it’s back. A radio dish and sensors on steel limbs filed in the rest of the alien object. Growing in the holovideofeed the shape drew closer then hit the ark. Smashed small chunks of it drifted away into space. Now I understood what the problem was. The alien machine’s coarse could be traced back using computer models to Sphericus.

A fanfic I started writeing. I know sam999 had an idea for a Gaia story but I asked him and he said I could write one if I wanted. PM him on Ctopica if you want to be sure.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm
The Nymph (Administrator)
The Nymph (Administrator)

Player Characters Controlled by this Member: TreeSprite the Nymph
Post Re: Gaia's story
Moving this to the appropriate forum.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:20 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]